In Final Project on April 30, 2013 at 5:43 pm
As this is the final week allocated to the Final Project, many of the unfinished things are still being applied to the site. Due to length of the time took to code the HTML, the CSS had been pushed back – thus everything was pushed back around a week.
Over the last week and a half, I have validated the webpages to W3C standards – something that is required in this project’s brief. Additionally, i have created the CSS that has been applied to all of the webpages. At the moment I am having issues with the positioning of the pictures in the CSS as the ‘position: absolute;’ option doesn’t seem to be conforming to what i am asking it to do on the style sheet. Apart from this glitch, the stylesheet applies and works fine with all the webpages – this too validates to W3C standards.
Also over the last week, I have shot and edited the video that is required to be placed on the website homepage. I have also uploaded and embedded it into the HTML code for the first webpage.
I have still to shoot all the pictures that i plan to use on the gallery page. As I mentioned earlier, the CSS is responding to any movement/positioning.
Lastly, I have to apply the PHP code that will store the user’s name when they enter it on the homepage and then have it displayed on the other pages once they have selected the submit option. I am – at this point – still working on this section.
Once i have created the PHP code and embedded it, the website will be complete.
In Final Project on April 18, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last week, I began coding the HTML for my website – this task ran longer than I previously planned that it would, thus, I ran into this week’s time for adding the CSS style sheets.
As the HTML code needs to validate accordingly, I had to edit some of the code as it wouldn’t validate. I have since solved this issue by removing all content from the <head> tag. The reason why i have done this is because i have allocated all of the <head> for meta data. All aesthetic content has been placed within the <body></body> tags. Before, the W3C validator told me that the code had stray ends(?) – this seems to have solved that issue.
This week, i will create and add the CSS to all of the webpages – this, like the HTML code, has to validate to W3C standards.
In Final Project on April 14, 2013 at 7:23 pm
For this second week of the final project i have begun to code out each webpage. In order to do this, i used Adobe Dreamweaver. Firstly, i began with the coding of the University homepage. This page will be more complex than the others as it has both HTML and PHP code to store the user’s name so they can progress further on into the website. Additionally, this page will have the added embedded YouTube video of myself welcoming the user to the university and the website- this can be added through uploading the video to YouTube and embedding the given code from YouTube. Further into the week i will add more code to each page to improve them. Additionally, i will attempt to being the CSS require for these pages to look how I have designed them in the prototypes.